Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves
Required Reading for NM4.
Entirely new, original and abundantly illustrated, this book is an essential guide to the cranial nerves for manual therapists.
This book incorporates new techniques that have an effect on the most precious part of the cranium, the brain. It teaches you how to manipulate this delicate neural system safely. It has over 100 full color line illustrations showing the anatomy underlying the techniques, while accompanying full color photographs demonstrate the techniques themselves. Manual Therapy for the Cranial Nerves will make you aware of the brain as the primary target of your action as practitioner.
The brain, although protected by cerebrospinal fluid, is sensitive to all variations in pressure.In this text you will find ways for modifying intra-cranial pressure, which has vascular and cerebral consequences.To function at its best, the brain requires malleability and plasticity.By manually modifying intra-cranial pressure, we obtain promising effects on the hydromechanics of the brain.
The central focus of the book is on the practical application of cranial nerve manipulation. Thanks to the wealth of illustrations it is also an excellent guide with which to visualize the cranial nerves and to understand their many functions.
Part One: Theoretical Principles
- Preliminary ideas
- Characteristics of cranial nerves
- Anatomical organization of cranial nerves
- Cranial nerves as they emerge from the skull
- Innervations of cranial dura mater
- Functional anatomy of cranial nerves
- Functional pathologies of cranial nerves
- Evaluation and treatment of cranial nerves
Part Two: Practical Application
- Manipulation of the plurineural orifices
- Olfactory nerveOptic nerve
- Oculomotor nerve
- Trochlear nerve
- Trigeminal nerve
- Ophthalmic nerve
- Maxillary nerve
- Mandibular nerve
- Abducent nerve
- Facial nerve
- Vestibulocochlear nerve
- Glossopharyngeal nerve
- Vagus nerve
- Accessory nerve
- Hypoglossal nerve
- Manipulation of the brain
Part Three: Clinical Anatomy
- Pathologies of cranial nerves
- Adenopathies of the neck and face
- Cervical pain of cranial origin
- Sinusitis Autonomic nervous system
This book is also available in: