VM1: Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1
VM1 June 2-5, 2022 Cleveland, Ohio
Core-Pak Seminar Series offers a substantial discount for the seminars and a convenient payment plan of $100 per month - see details at bottom of page. Tuition Discount available to Full-Time Healthcare Students who qualify – call 561.622.4388 for details.
If you are registered in a Core or Trak-Pak, please stop here and call us or email us to select this event, so that your credit card is not charged in addition to your monthly scheduled payments.
In this course, you will be introduced to the models and concepts of functional biomechanics as viewed from Jean-Pierre Barral's Visceral Manipulation approach. This method of evaluation and treatment is based on the concept that each of our internal organs rotates on a physiological axis. Focus is on the abdominal cavity and includes the organs, their membranes, ligaments, innervation and their spatial functional interrelationships. You will learn basic manipulations for correcting abnormal motions and stress patterns within this cavity. The manual techniques are not advised for pregnant participants.
The required reading for this course:
1. The required reading for this course is the textbook titled Visceral Manipulation, by course developer Jean-Pierre Barral. Reading the book will help you get the bigger picture of visceral relationships. The first chapter gives the basic philosophy and an introduction to listening techniques. The VM1 course, inclusive of the Virtual Component and the In person lab class, emphasizes the liver, gallbladder, stomach, sphincters, jejunoileum and the colon. In addition to reading the textbook, please familiarize yourself with the definitions and/or locations of the anatomical terms available at:
2. Study Related Anatomy: http://www.barralinstitute.com/docs/prestudy-materials/VM1_Pre-Study_Material.doc
3. The majority of these terms can be found in the Visceral Manipulation prerequisite textbook as well as Atlas of Human Anatomy (NAS) by Frank Netter, MD. These books are available for purchase by calling our office at 561.622.4334 or 866.522.7725 extension 2, or online at www.iahe.com
For additional preparation and delving deeper into the anatomy, watch:
1. Online Video Anatomy Series Abdomen 1 - OLV-AVMSA1 available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Visceral-Manipulation-Products/Online-Video-Barral-Anatomy-Series-Visceral-Manipulation-Abdomen-Part-1
2. Online Video Anatomy Series Abdomen 1- OLV-AVMSA2 http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Visceral-Manipulation-Products/Online-Video-Barral-Anatomy-Series-Visceral-Manipulation-Abdomen-Part-2
3. DVD Advanced Abdomen 1 (D-AVMA-1)
4. DVD Advanced Abdomen 2 (D-AVMA-2)
For both course preparation and implementing the material into your practice we offer a ‘Visceral Manipulation Starter Kit’, which includes the following items:
~Visceral Manipulation (textbook)
~The Croissant in the Brain (book)
~Pathway to Health (book)
~1-Year Barral Alumni Association-IAHP Medallion Membership - Medallion Membership benefits are many - including post course video review of VM1 material.
Starter Kit $130 plus shipping
Total cost if purchased individually $237.90
~Savings $107.90 (prices subject to change)
Tell a Friend