Visceral Manipulation: Applications for Pediatrics applies Visceral Manipulation techniques to working with infants, toddlers and children. (VAP) VAP Course Highlights:
Comments from past VAP students:
- Learn how early therapy on newborns and infants can possibly reduce the percentage of problems later in life.
- Explore embryology and the developmental landmarks (normal and abnormal) that occur month by month during and after gestation.
- Discover how to evaluate a baby or child.
- Learn general treatment ideas, such as how to work with babies, toddlers, and children, as well as working with those who are tactilely sensitive.
- Understand the signs of trauma, as well as evaluation and treatment techniques.
- Integrate specific treatment techniques for common visceral restrictions found in children, as well as Barral's approach to cranial techniques.
- Learn about Visceral Manipulation precautions and contraindications when working with children.
- Explore special considerations, e.g. typical surgeries, prematurity, children with neuromotor problems and craniosynostosis.
- Practice working with infants and children in a supervised environment.
"I love the workbook. It is so detailed that I don't have to concentrate on getting things down for the future, but can soak in the lecture in the now."
"Thank you, now I understand why embryology is so important. I just knew there was something I was missing!"
"[This seminar was] one the best - lots of information balanced with labs."
"I’ve had the pleasure of organizing, and attending a Visceral Pediatrics class in my home state. It was a lot of work but it was one my most rewarding experiences of my life. I will never forget how it all came together so beautifully, it was honestly the best marriage of therapists and children coming together! I get teared up at remembering how devoted my attendee’s were and how great the therapists worked with them. Everyone benefitted. The families got care and ideas of what was needed for their child, and the practitioners worked in small groups using techniques they learned in class and from each other for an amazing learning experience. In the months since that class, every time I’d see either the practitioners or families that attended that weekend of training, I was told how much of a positive impact they had and that it was a great and memorable experience." Nadya Cam, LMT Portland, Oregon, July, 2017
Visceral Manipulation and Pediatrics (VMPED)
This course is typically offered outside North America.
VMPED Course Highlights:
- Specific anatomy and physiology, focusing on differences between adults and children;
- Embryology: different theories and thoughts about the causes of the onset of symptoms in children;
- Fascial Testing
- Evaluation protocols containing Listening Techniques
- Listening to the body of the child.
- What fascial tension is present?
- What part of the structure is involved?
- Is there an emotional component?
Applications for Pediatrics (VAP and VMPED)