|Visceral Manipulation: Applications for Pediatrics applies Visceral Manipulation techniques to working with infants, toddlers and children. (VAP) VAP Course Highlights:
Comments from past VAP students:
- Learn how early therapy on newborns and infants can possibly reduce the percentage of problems later in life.
- Explore embryology and the developmental landmarks (normal and abnormal) that occur month by month during and after gestation.
- Discover how to evaluate a baby or child.
- Learn general treatment ideas, such as how to work with babies, toddlers, and children, as well as working with those who are tactilely sensitive.
- Understand the signs of trauma, as well as evaluation and treatment techniques.
- Integrate specific treatment techniques for common visceral restrictions found in children, as well as Barral's approach to cranial techniques.
- Learn about Visceral Manipulation precautions and contraindications when working with children.
- Explore special considerations, e.g. typical surgeries, prematurity, children with neuromotor problems and craniosynostosis.
- Practice working with infants and children in a supervised environment.
"I love the workbook. It is so detailed that I don't have to concentrate on getting things down for the future, but can soak in the lecture in the now."
"Thank you, now I understand why embryology is so important. I just knew there was something I was missing!"
"[This seminar was] one the best - lots of information balanced with labs."
Visceral Manipulation and Pediatrics (VMPED)
This course is typically offered outside North America.
VMPED Course Highlights:
- Specific anatomy and physiology, focusing on differences between adults and children;
- Embryology: different theories and thoughts about the causes of the onset of symptoms in children;
- Fascial Testing
- Evaluation protocols containing Listening Techniques
- Listening to the body of the child.
- What fascial tension is present?
- What part of the structure is involved?
- Is there an emotional component?