CranioSacral Therapy 1 (CS1)
Assessment of Central Nervous System and Fascia for Full Body Treatment Protocol
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate awaiting licensure/accreditation with experience in sensitive, light-touch palpation.
For those who wish to take CS1, and live in a state or province that does not require a healthcare hands-on license to practice CST, the following minimum study is required:
1. 80 hours of Anatomy and Physiology and 15 hours of Pathology. One way to satisfy this requirement is through the home study coursework, Upledger Health Science Essentials, available through the London (Ontario) College of Osteopathy.
2. 4 hours of ethics, from an organization such as the American Massage Therapy Association.
CranioSacral Therapy 1 (CS1)
Few systems have as much impact on the human body as the craniosacral system. It protects and nourishes the brain and spinal cord - and affects nearly every aspect of central nervous system performance. That's why CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is so critical to your healthcare practice.
Developed after years of university research and testing, it allows you to release fascial restrictions anywhere on the body that may be impinging the craniosacral system and every other system it interacts with.
CST has been shown to:
- assist in autonomic nervous system regulation and turn down the sympathetic overdrive.
- help to mobilize the central nervous system and enhance its functioning, and this will have a flow-on effect to all other systems.
- work with the fascial network of the body, and when this is functioning well the person is able to have a better representation in their somato-sensory cortex.
- assist at the interface of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, such as at the myodural bridge where tensions through that region can be broadcast up and down the entire dural system.
- increase ROM (Range of Motion) and strength, improve tolerance for ADLs (Activities of Daily Living), and facilitate a higher quality of life based on functional assessment tools.
In this CS1 workshop you'll learn gentle techniques to normalize the craniosacral system and allow the body to self-correct. By unraveling pain and dysfunction at the source, you'll naturally help eliminate stress, strengthen resistance to disease, and enhance health in every dimension.
By the end of this 4-day workshop you should be able to:
- Describe the scientific foundation and principles of CranioSacral Therapy - and why it's the key to relieving pain and dysfunction at their source
- Demonstrate finely tuned palpation skills you can rely on as highly sensitive and intuitive healthcare tools
- Identify the subtle craniosacral rhythm and interpret its patterns to accurately evaluate dysfunction and improvements
- Locate the source of physical problems by traveling through the fascial system, that complex web of tissue that impacts all body structures and systems
- Release dural tube restrictions to enhance interactions between the central nervous system and the rest of the body
- Use techniques that produce dramatic health and relaxation effects, including Direction of Energy and Still-Point Induction
- Work with approaches to a number of common ailments such as TMJ dysfunction, head and neck pain, central nervous system disorders and many more
- Put a simple, effective 10-Step Protocol into practice right away
If you have never experienced CST for yourself, it is recommended, but not required, that you have a session prior to class. This will help you gain valuable insights into how the technique works and what its effects are on the body. To find a CST practitioner in your area, go to www.iahp.com and Search for a Practitioner, or contact the Satellite/Sponsor in your country.
"An extraordinary life changing and educational course. Highly recommended for anyone who is seriously interested in learning CST and its amazing benefits."
"I wanted to send you a thank you. This class has been the best CE course I have taken in 11 years as a PT. Obviously the technique is amazing, but you are also a very talented teacher. You have lit a spark in me that may very well alter my career path in a way I have been seeking for a long time. I don't know if that makes any sense to you, but I wanted to share the profound effect you had on me over the last 4 days. I do hope our paths cross again."
This course is offered for 2.4 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).
|Results 1-50 of 140||1||2||3|