CranioSacral Therapy; Beyond the Cranial Base
Prerequisite: SomatoEmotional Release 1 (SER1)
CranioSacral Therapy; Beyond the Cranial Base (BCB)
Pre-requisite: SomatoEmotional Release 1 (SER1)
BCB expands the work learned in CS1 and CS2 and adds another level to the biomechanical CranioSacral Therapy training. Through the fascial systems of the body there are numerous interactions between the craniosacral system (CSS) and the rest of the body. Different fascial systems can cause marked interference with the CSS function. The hands-on sessions will focus on superficial skull systems, different fascial systems in the occipital cranial base (OCB), vascular OCB, neurological OCB, ethmoid – sphenoid restrictions, whole spine evaluation and treatment.
BCB Course Highlights
- Review and deepen the understanding of the continuum of CST and SER; anatomy, techniques, principles and practice of CST and SER, including the role and principles of the “Inner Physician” in the self-healing process
- Work local and global simultaneously, while tracking the Significance Detector within therapeutic processes
- Practice neutrality at all levels of therapy
- Review and experience the role of awareness, attention and intention as it relates to CST and SER
- Study advanced perception of fascie-restriction and release, theory and practice
- Introduction of the four fascial systems of the body and their relation to the craniosacral system
- Evaluate and treat the superficial system of the skull and its global relations
- Traumas in the superficial system of the skull
- Advanced cranial base theory and practice
- Myofascial systems of the cranial base, superficial, axial and the myodural bridges
- Visceral systems of the cranial base, the vascular sheath and the pharyngeal fascia
- Meningeal system of the cranial base
- Ethmoid-sphenoid restriction patterns in the neuro-viscerocranium relation
- Sacrum interosseous tension and unresolved restriction in the craniosacral system
- Evaluation and treatment of facilitated or blocked systems of the cranial base
The perfect blend of left brain biomechanical learning and right brain emotional intelligence, providing a balance which I hope to carry with me in my future in CST.
This class has given me a great tangible new level to work from with the body. Very much enjoyed the biomechanics which helped to make sense of what I was feeling, also learning more about global releasing has been immense both in personal process and professional development.
I have found this class to be so inspiring, as a reminder of the less you do the more you achieve. I loved every minute.
Without this class I would have been in the dark. Now I feel I am in the light and it has clarified many things for me and brought a lot more confidence as a therapist.
I think this approach and understanding will greatly benefit my clients. Particularly the ones who do not yet understand or feel able to work on an SER level. It has increased my confidence in my palpation skills and taught me to trust what I feel.
Paramount for me. I look forward to a new ease of therapist life now.