|CranioSacral Therapy for Longevity: Applications to the Treatment of Alzheimer's and Dementia (CSLAD) is designed to train laypersons, elder care practitioners and healthcare practitioners how to treat a very specific geriatric population with the modality of CranioSacral Therapy. Based on research on dementia and Alzheimer’s, students will learn how to apply CranioSacral Techniques such as the stillpoint to individuals with early onset, moderate and severe dementia and Alzheimer’s. This class is ideal in supporting patients in a nursing home, independent living or stay at home situation. Also as a preventative application to an aging population this is an excellent ‘hi touch, low tech’ approach that can be applied for just a few minutes every day. The material is supported by a DVD, Your Health, the Nation, and the Senior Healthcare System, and a book, The BodyEnergy Longevity Prescription. For anyone with an interest in the application of CranioSacral Therapy to Geriatrics, this is the beginning step in treating and supporting this population.
- CranioSacral Therapy protocols for individuals with Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- CranioSacral Therapy protocols for preventative support of aging populations
- Case Presentations
- Presentation of research study and model for effectiveness of this technique
- Hands on Demonstrations
- Dysfunctions of the Aging Process and the CranioSacral Rhythm-a proposed model
- Instruction in the still point technique for both normal and specialized populations
- Working with specialized and challenged populations
- Energy techniques to support a specialized population
- Introduction to Immune System Function and creative dialogue
- Palpation of the CranioSacral Rhythm (CSR)
- Hands on practice with both class participants and elder populations
- Instruction and support in applying touch to support, listen, and evaluate for improved well-being
Recommended Advance Reading: Your Inner Physician and You
This course is offered for 1.25 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).