DDCSP-V 03.04-07.21 VIRTUAL Eastern Time (Miami)
DDCSP: Developing and Deepening CranioSacral Presence
DDCSP-V March 4-7, 2021 Virtual Eastern Time (Miami)
Developing and Deepening Your CST Presence (DDCSP) is a valuable adjunct to the CST curriculum. Developed by veteran Upledger CST Instructor, Suzanne Scurlock-Durana, the workshop introduces a series of techniques and insights that reflect cutting edge research as well as long standing practices on how to utilize ones presence to augment the healing process. The hands-on protocols presented are simple, yet profound in their impact. The mindfulness/sensory awareness exercises in this course are designed to help the therapist utilize their own presence more effectively and easily. Move beyond using only hands-on work as your primary tool. Add your full body presence, which not only is essential to help clients/patients experience a sense of well-being and safety, but also provides comprehensive results.
This cutting edge workshop combines hands-on protocols and therapeutic presence, teaching you how to cultivate your own navigational field for more effective treatment outcomes for whatever client population you work with.
- Want to learn simple breaths that naturally calm your clients as you use it to relax yourself?
- Curious to explore two profound portals into the nervous system that down-regulate the fight-flight-freeze response in the body?
- Ready to explore how you can use your sacrum as a deep resource for healing?
- Eager for kinesthetic clarity about how to model healthy boundaries in sessions with trauma survivors?
- Need experience in bone-deep steadiness, clarity and strength for times of emotional challenge?
This workshop teaches hands-on protocols and presence practices that allow therapists to learn to assess and utilize the deep wisdom of the body to inform and guide effective treatments. Craniosacral and other healthcare practitioners will learn to use the inner navigational system of the body to guide treatments while creating healthy boundaries. This work provides vital information for successfully holding a therapeutic neutral presence with all clients and patients. It includes lecture, demonstration, and practice for each technique presented.
The virtual DDCSP class format is the same as in-person classes except for the practice sessions:
- During the last half hour each day (except for day 3), you'll need to have a volunteer present to practice with from 4:30 to 5 pm Eastern.
- On day 3 you'll need a volunteer present from 2 to 6 pm Eastern.
Please make sure your volunteer is settled in each day before our practice is scheduled to begin. they can be seated; there's no need for a massage table.
YOU WILL BE PROVIDED THE ON-LINE ACCESS INFORMATION 5-6 DAYS PRIOR TO THE COURSE. Please respect the integrity of the work and the program, and the privacy of participants and presenter/s. No still or video screen captures are permitted during this program.
To help you prepare for this course, it is required that you read Full Body Presence, available at http://shop.iahe.com/Product-List/Health-and-Wellness/Full-Body-Presence-Learning-to-Listen-to-Your-Bodys-Wisdom and listen to the audio sessions in the book by course developer Suzanne Scurlock-Durana, CMT, CST-D, available at http://shop.iahe.com/Welcome?search=healing+from+the+core
Tell a Friend