Neuromuscular Therapy and the Dynamic Foot (NMDF)
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate awaiting licensure/accreditation with experience in sensitive, light-touch palpation.
Neuromuscular Therapy and the Dynamic Foot (NMDF):
Foot mechanics are the driving force that positions the leg, knee, hip and rest of the body. Muscles and bones are designed to adapt and compensate in a functional manner while conserving body resources. When adaptation demands are too great or are prolonged, decompensation can result, often with serious consequences.
- Strategies to observe, assess and deal with problems seen in the feet
- The importance of functional dynamic feet
- How postural adaptation induced by the feet effect the rest of the body
- The impact of foot mechanics on gait
- The impact of foot stability.....and more